Spicy Honey Glazed Bacon Steak Pancake Stack
450g plain flour
2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
2 tsp sugar
2 pinches of salt
4 large free range eggs
60g butter, melted
Bacon Steak / Glaze
8 Bangalow Sweet Pork™ bacon steaks
Chilli flakes – as much as you like
4 TB honey
Sour cream – to serve
For the Pancake Batter
• Combine dry ingredients in a bowl.
• In a separate bowl add milk. Then slowly add dry ingredients to milk and whisk (or use
hand held bar mix).
• Add eggs one at a time, mix to combine.
• Add melted butter and whisk.
Tip – Leave batter overnight or 2 hours.
For the Glazed Bacon Steaks
• Pre-heat a frying pan and oven ( 180°C).
• Cut 1 ½ cm bacon steaks (remove some fat if required).
• Brown bacon steaks on each side in frying pan, then remove and place on a baking tray.
• Mix together the chilli flakes and honey and brush over the bacon steaks. Cook in the oven
for 6 to 8 minutes.
• To assemble stack – alternate pancakes with bacon steaks. Drizzle stack with extra chilli
honey and sour cream.
Sit back and admire, then eat!!