Pork & Beans with Sourdough Toast and Free Range Fried Eggs
1 medium brown onion, small dice
1 tsp garlic, crushed
1 kg diced Bangalow Sweet Pork™ pork shoulder
250ml chicken stock
2 x 400g tins cannellini beans, drain and rinse well
25ml Worcester sauce
25g smoked paprika
½ tsp cayenne pepper
2 x 800g tins tomatoes (chunky, good quality)
½ tsp sugar
½ tsp salt
In a heavy bottom pot or slow cooker
• Over medium/high heat sauté the brown onions and garlic.
• Add pork and brown.
• Add chicken stock to deglaze the pan.
• Add Worcester sauce, smoked paprika, cayenne, tomatoes, sugar & salt. Stir to combine.
• Reduce heat to low and cook for 1.5 hrs (add more chicken stock if required).
• Add cannelloni beans and cook for a further 20 minutes.
• Check pork for tenderness, let stand for 30 minutes.
Best served with: Sourdough toast and fried free range eggs.
Tip – Can be cooked a day ahead.