Honey & Ginger Candied Pork Belly Stir Fry with Green Bean Pomelo Salad
4-5 kg Bangalow Sweet Pork™ Pork Belly
1.5 ltr orange juice (good quality)
6 star anise
3 cinnamon sticks
150g brown sugar
200ml ABC kecap manis
2 large knobs ginger (skinned, microplane or finely slice)
For the salad:
400g green beans, blanched & sliced
2 ruby grapefruit /pomelo, segmented
1 bunch shallots, finely sliced
1 bunch coriander, picked leaves
1 bunch Vietnamese mint, picked leaves
1 bunch Thai basil, picked leaves
2 tsp black & white sesame seeds, toasted & cooled
2 fresh red chillies, finely sliced
• Preheat oven to 140° C.
• Add to a large baking tray pork, orange juice, star anise, cinnamon sticks, brown sugar,
kecap manis & ginger.
• Cook in a preheated oven for 4 hours.
• Remove from oven and rest for 1 hour.
• Remove pork belly from pan, reserving the liquid, then skin and dice the pork.
• Place reserved cooking liquid in a saucepan, add honey and gently simmer and reduce until
a syrup consistency.
• Mix together salad ingredients in a large bowl.
• Heat wok and add pork to reheat.
• Add reduced sauce to coat pork.
• Add salad to finish. Best served with steamed rice or rice noodles.